Finding a fat burner that works can be hard work and the expense that results from making a few wrong decisions quickly mounts up.
The good news is there are a number of ingredients that have the ability to help shift the body into fat burning mode and we have put together a list of 10 of the best. A little knowledge can go a long way and we suggest anyone who is searching for a powerful fat burner takes a few moments of their time to familiarize themselves with the following ingredients and learn which ones are likely to be the best ones for their needs. For example, some people do not tolerate stimulants well so, although caffeine has proven fat burning abilities, supplements that contain caffeine will be a bad choice for anyone who gets the jitters every time they drink a cup of coffee.
Let’s take a look at what’s available and some of the pros and cons involved.
- Cayenne Pepper: A natural ingredient that is unlikely to cause side effects. Numerous studies support cayenne’s ability as a thermoogenic fat burner. After one study, conducted on Japanese women, the researchers concluded: “These results indicate that red pepper increases diet-induced thermogenesis and lipid oxidation.”
- Caffeine: Caffeine’s ability to speed up the metabolism and trigger thermogenic fat burning has been proven by scientific investigation, but fat burning supplements that contain caffeine are unlikely to be suitable for dieters who are overly sensitive to stimulants.
- Green tea: The fat burning abilities of green tea have been proven by scientists all over the world. After one study, conducted on moderately obese volunteers in the Netherlands, the scientists concluded a combination of caffeine and green tea had proved effective for reducing weight and fat mass. Another study proved green tea can support weight loss without the use of additional caffeine. However, caffeine is naturally-occurring in green tea and, although the amount is not so high as that provided by coffee, supplements that contain green tea may not be suitable for caffeine-sensitive individuals.
- Garcinia Cambogia: This is a fruit extract. It does not contains stimulants and is unlikely to cause side effects. The active ingredient is a chemical called hydroxycitric acid (HCA). Like many of the popular weight loss ingredients of today, garcinia cambogia first became popular after the American health and fitness guru, Dr Oz, endorsed its fat burning abilities during one of his shows. However, Oz also warned his audience about quality issues and stressed how important it is for garcinia cambogia to provide at least 60% HCA.
- Raspberry Ketone: The phenol that provides raspberries with such a distinctive aroma. Raspberry ketone has a lot of respect as a fat burning ingredient. It is also praised for its prowess as an appetite suppressant, but supplements that contain the synthetic version of the ingredient always lack power. Dieters need to be aware of this and only choose a raspberry ketone weight loss product that contains fruit extracts. On a chemical level, raspberry ketone is similar to synephrine, so it may not be a good option for anyone who is overly sensitive to stimulants.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Green coffee beans are a source of caffeine, so supplements that contain green coffee bean may not be suitable for everyone, but the ingredient has an outstanding reputation as a fat burner and may help prevent cravings for sweet foods by helping ensure blood sugar levels are kept on an even keel.
- Acai: A fruit extract that is high in antioxidants and is often praised for its ability to purge the body of free radical toxins and encourage a state of good health. Acai’s popularity is further enhanced by its ability to boost the body’s fat burning ability and some people report weight losses of up to 20 pounds in a single week. Side effects are highly unlikely.
- African mango: A popular fruit derivative that has is highly nutritious and is unlikely to cause side effects. The ingredient has an excellent reputation as a fat burner, and many people believe supplements that contain African mango can be very effective for targeting stubborn belly fat.
- L-carnitine: An amino acid that serves many functions within the body and appears to have the ability to boost fat burning. L-carnitine also helps the body to convert food into energy. This is an ability many dieters may appreciate because supplementation with L-carnitine may help protect against diet-related fatigue.
- a-Lacys Reset: A proprietary blend of alpha-lipoic acid and cysteine that is high in antioxidants and is believed to possess anti-ageing abilities. The volunteers who took part in one study increased their muscle mass by 3.8% and also lost 3.44% of their body weight. a-Lacys Reset has no known side effects.
Any fat burning supplement that contains one or more the above ingredients may have merit, but the level of benefit provided can be be greatly reduced when good ingredients are diluted with other ingredients of more disputable value. With this in mind it is always best to purchase dietary products from reputable manufacturers with a reputation for producing high quality products.